What can I do with an account?
The rights granted to you determine the access to applications. Below you find a list of the most important applications. Contact a help desk for question or problems with an application.
- Account Self Service: maintain account, password and profile.
- University Address Book: find contact details of a student of staff member.
- uMail: your mailbox with a mail address ending at @umail.leidenuniv.nl.
- uPrefs: set settings for Blackboard and request a LU-Card.
- Work stations for students: the ISSC work stations in your faculty, in Plexus Student Centre and the University Libraries Leiden.
- Work stations for staff: the ISSC work stations in your department. In many cases you also receive a Microsoft Outlook work mailbox (for example email@example.com).
- Leiden University Wireless Access (LUWA/Eduroam): wireless access to internet with your own device.
- uSis: the Student Information System for registering and deregistering for exams, work groups and courses and applying for exam results.
- Information page for students.
- Information page for staff members (in dutch).
- LUMC information for applicants on the decentralized selection procedure for the bachelors Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Blackboard: digital teaching environment.
- Catalogue UBL: searching for books and journals and other material, access to full-text sources and electronic journals of University Leiden Libraries.
- SAP Self Service (staff only): flexible benefits and leave requests.
- eStemmen: voting for staff members of the faculty boards and personnel committees.
- Surfspot: ordering software via a campus license.
- Weblog: maintaining a blog, including an academic blog.