Answers to frequently asked questions.
- How do I receive an ULCN account?
- When does my ULCN account expire?
- What can I do with my ULCN account?
- How is my ULCN username created?
- What should I do if I have forgotten my username?
- How can I change my password?
- What should I do if I have forgotten my password?
- What should I do if my password has expired?
- What should I do if I have not received my username and/or password?
- What should I do if I have problems loging in?
- What should I do if someone asks for my account details?
- What information about me is stored?
- What information about me is published?
- What happens with my account if I am a student and a member of staff?
- What happens with my account if I become an alumnus?
- What is a uMailbox?
- Why do I have a uMailbox?
- How do I maintain my uMailbox?
- How is my uMail address created?
- Why do I have a serial number in my uMail address?
- Where can I find the user manual of uMail?
- How can I transfer the contents of my uMail box to my computer?
- How do I forward my uMail to another mail address?
- What should I do if I do not receive any mail in my forwarded mailbox?
- What should I do if my mail box is full?
- How do I send a message to a specific user group?
Consult the page How do I receive an account?
Consult the section about your account period.
Consult the page What can I do with an account?
Consult the section about your account details.
Consult the section about requesting your username.
Consult the section about changing your password.
Consult the section about resetting your password.
If your password has expired, you can no longer log in. Follow the procedures indicated for resetting your password.
Please contact a helpdesk.
If you can not login, the following reasons can apply:
- You have not received your username and password. Request your account details .
- You have forgotten your username. Request your username.
- You have forgotten your password. Reset your password.
- Your account has not been activated yet. Activate your account.
- Your password has expired. Reset your password.
If you have a username and password, pay attention to the following:
- Log in with your username (not your uMail address).
- Enter your username in lowercase (s1234567 or jansenpkl).
- Your password is case-sensitive.
- Check whether CAPS LOCK is switched on.
If you still can not login, follow the steps below:
- Check the ULCN website for maintenance or faults.
- Check the website of the relevant application for maintenance or faults.
- If you succesfully can login into another application then your username and password are correct. The cause of your login problem is probably situated in the application where you are trying to login. Please contact a helpdesk.
- If you still can not login, reset your password.
Contact a helpdesk if the above tips did not help.
Consult the section about receiving phishing emails.
ULCN stores information in a secure manner. The following information is stored:
- name, address, place of residence
- date of birth, gender
- username and password
Publication of your name, mail address and study or work place information of students, staff and in special cases also externals can be found in the University Address Book. Students can object to the publication by submitting an objection to the student administration department.
A student who is also a member of staff has two ULCN accounts. Each account gives access to different applications. You have a separate uMailbox for each account. If you prefer to use one joint uMailbox, you can forward the mail.
After registration of your final exam your student account will be converted to an alumnus account. You keep your ULCN account and uMailbox. You also keep access to specific applications. Discontinue your account? Contact the student administration department.
Consult the page about uMail.
Consult the section about for whom is uMail intended.
You can maintain your uMailbox in three ways:
Consult the section abot the creation of your uMail address.
Consult the secton about maintaining uMail online.
Consult the secton about downloading uMail to your computer.
Consult the section about forwarding uMail to another mail box.
Consult the section about problems with mail forwarding.
Consult the section about clear out your uMail box.
Consult the page about internal communication (in dutch).